These are very deep Thursday Thoughts. And much has been said about SOPA and PIPA by much more informed bloggers. Nonetheless, it's been on my mind ... check out my Twitter profile pic.
So my thoughts?
1. SOPA and PIPA are bad, really bad. Neither bill will stop internet piracy. Here's the information from Wikipedia.
2. More government. Really? The US gov control the internet? Eeeck.
3. How did Justin Bieber get famous again? YouTube video of self + singing copyrighted song=5 years in jail. Oops.
4. Senators admitting they really don't understand the language of the bill, but hey Hollywood is backing it so ....
5. A whole bunch of senators and reps are now doing the backstroke. Nice!
6. Don't we already have laws against piracy?
8. Read some responses to my discussion about SOPA on MyLot.
9. FREE Ebook by Morris Rosenthal: An Author's Guide to Fighting Internet Copyright Infringements: How Publishers and Website Owners Can Protect Intellectual Property Online. I haven't read this yet, but thought I'd post it since it came recommended by the ACFW (American Christian Fiction Writers).
10. I really don't like politics on this blog but I might not have a blog if SOPA passes.
11. It's my birthday ... Visit me on Facebook. My goal is 1000 happy birthday wishes. It could happen!!!